Review-Sony Playstation Vita (PS Vita): The Best in Handheld Gaming?
Released in late 2011 in Japan, the PS Vita is a highly anticipated console. It is Sony’s second-generation handheld console that promises a number of improvements over its predecessor, along with a graphics quality that is said to be comparable to that of today’s current (living room) game consoles. Take the two-side touch screens, dual analog control pads, and exclusive games into consideration, and you have a hugely potential, portable game machine.
Here in the world of video games, the release of a new game console has always been big news. It feeds our passion and fuel the industry, as new games intended for that platform are sure to follow. New console also brings new technologies that, in most cases, allow us to enjoy better gaming experience than before. As such, we gamers can’t help but feel excited by the news of Sony’s Playstation Vita finally being launched. Fortunately for us, we didn’t have to wait long to get one. In Indonesia, you can obtain the Playstation Vita from these distributors.
So, what is it like? With the PS Vita ASIA Value Pack (3G), we bring you one of the first reviews in the country, read on!
PS VITA: TECH SPECS
- CPU: ARM® Cortex™- A9 core (4 core)
- GPU: SGX543MP4+
- External Dimensions: Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth), (tentative, excludes largest projection)
- Screen (Touch Screen): 5 inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
- Rear Touch Pad: Multi touch pad (capacitive type)
- Cameras: Front camera, Rear camera
- Sound: Built-in stereo speakers, Built-in microphone
- Sensors: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass
- Location: Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi location service support
- Keys/Switches: PS button, Power button, Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left), Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square), Shoulder buttons (Right/Left), Right stick, Left stick, START button, SELECT button, Volume buttons (+/-)
- Wireless Communications: Mobile network connectivity (3G), IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1)(Wi-Fi)(Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode), Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)